So, I have converted all my Flex2 and action script 3 projects to use git rather than subversion. Simple to do, I just exported my adobe subversion branch and ran git init. I added a single .gitignore at the project root to ignore files in all the bin folders. Then I used Flex2 to recompile all the projects and ran git status to verify the ignores. It's all good...
Note: this would have been a bit easier to just use git-svn clone but my mac is missing the perl bindings required for git-svn.
The Git Server: Next was to create a --bare copy and transfer it to my git server at slicehost. First the clone.
git clone --bare ~/work/adobe adobe.gitThen on the server, simply move this to the git directory and fix the permissions.
scp -r adobe.git email@example.com:
cd /public/git/And test on the client side with the following and the new project is loaded to the client.
sudo mv ~/adobe.git .
sudo chown -R git:git adobe.git
git clone ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/public/git/adobe.git adobeAfter getting used to git I plan to move all projects there. If I can find the perl hooks, I'll probably use git-svn at least the the older (Sun) projects.