Monday, October 26, 2009

Flex 4 BitmapImage

Flex 4, and specifically the new spark framework has a BitmapImage object in the spark.primitives package. It's associated mxml tag is . I found this after trying to add a Bitmap object to a VGroup only to get errors. So, after searching a bit, I found the BitmapImage and simply set the source property to my BitmapData. Very easy.

My code problem was to read a remote image then scale it to as close to a target width & height as possible without changing the original aspect ratio. From there, the user can rescale the image and drag a focus rectangle over the image to select the desired image section. Then, with the click of a button, the image is scaled and cropped to the optimum size. I used JPEGEncoder to write the data back out to a new image file.

No comments: